NOVA Entertainment is Australia’s fastest growing entertainment company with broad interests across the media industry including successful radio brands Nova and smoothfm. We have a mission to create content that is loved and shared by audiences, wherever they are.
No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Digital Engineering to join our Digital Leadership Team reporting to our Chief Digital Officer.
As Head of Digital Engineering you will:
- Be responsible for defining & supporting the product & platform delivery of Nova Entertainments portfolio of customer-facing multi-channel ( Web / Mobile / Voice / Audio / Video ) digital experiences.
- Provide deep technical guidance at both the technology stack level as well as the architecture level
- Lead the digital engineering road mapping efforts, maintaining both high pace and agility in execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of development and process
- Lead the digital product lifecycle development within a test and learn lab culture
- Stay up to date with development trends, emerging technologies, cloud and best practices
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a tireless innovator with a minimum of 10 years of experience in digital technology and product development. Our Supernova is happy to lead a digital start-up within a bigger corporate parent and can see the way to get the best of both worlds.
Key requirements for this role:
- Ability to apply an analytical technology-agnostic approach towards architecture and solution design.
- Previous experience leading a software development team and working within an Agile SDLC.
- A proven track record delivering on high profile / highly scaled enterprise level solutions.
- An excellent understanding of content based systems (WordPress, Drupal ), software design patterns, system integration and building scalable applications.
- Demonstrable experience working within a quality oriented / TDD / test-first approach to software development.
- Experience developing software components within a Service Oriented / Microservices architecture.
- Detailed understanding of web technologies and protocols e.g. Web servers, DNS, HTTP, JSON, XML, TCP/IP, CDNs.
- An understanding of common software design patterns and associated frameworks.
- Familiar Linux/Unix command line utilities.
- Distributed systems and cloud based software architecture experience (AWS)
- Caching strategies and optimisation
- A/B and MVT testing tools.
- Media and ad tech experience is an advantage
WHATS ON OFFER TO YOU
- A vibrant and innovative workplace culture with the genuine career and development prospects
- An additional day of leave each year on your work anniversary and bonus week of leave at 3 and 6 years of service.
- Perks Galore - Friday drinks, survey celebrations, workplace social events including an annual station-wide Amazing Race day, and access to some of the most exclusive Nova’s Red Room events.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, then what are you doing still reading this? Click on the apply button